Steph Colson | Director, Swim
The GGTC Swim Program coordinates weekly open water swims and master swim programs.
Tammy Choy | Swim Coach
With over 12 years of swim coaching experience, Tammy has a passion for working with individuals from all swimming levels. She started competitive swimming at a young age of five and went on competing at the Division I collegiate level at Loyola Marymount University while also playing water polo for 2 years. Upon graduating, she developed the passion for coaching and sharing her knowledge of the sport by head coaching Mills High School and age-group coaching at Burlingame Aquatics Club.
As she put more focus on her professional career, she started working for FINIS Inc. as a Marketing Events Coordinator where her exposure and involvement in the triathlon community began. Since then she has had many opportunities to work with various triathlon teams and athletes through running specialized pool and open water clinics. She is currently a master’s swim coach and the tri swim coach at The Bay Club San Francisco. Her main focus as a coach is instilling the correct basics and technique to produce the most effective and efficient swimming for every individual athlete.
Aquatic Park Water Temps »
List of Public Pools in San Francisco »
Pool options and details in San Francisco:
- Koret Health and Rec Center (USF)
- USF Masters Swimming
- Drop-in fee for the day: $20.00
- Individual: $80.00/mo. or $715/yr
- RED PASS:15 uses for $87.00
- Schedule for “non-residents”: Monday-Thursday 6am to 2pm, Friday- Sunday all hours
- YMCA Presidio
- YMCA Embarcadero
- Club One Masters Swim Program
- 1455 Fillmore Street, SF
- Practice Times: Monday and Wednesday mornings at 6:30am, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm and Saturdays at 10am
- Fees: Must be Club One Member; $12 drop in, $40 for 10 pass
- Golden Gateway Tennis & Swim Club
- Jewish Community Center
- Bay Club
- The Olympic Club
Pool options and details outside of San Francisco:
- Indian Valley College of Marin (IVC) // Ignatio Blvd. Novato, CA
- AIM Coaching
- $10 drop-in, outdoor 50m pool, coached swims every Sunday 9am to 11am - all levels welcome.
- Coaches: Chris Hauth and Scott Williams
- 3500-4500 yrds in about 90ish minutes. Contact: Chris Hauth 415.465.0443